Homemade Gluten Free Cookies
These easy-to-make homemade Gluten Free Cookies are simply everyone’s favorite! They are crunchy around the edges, soft in the center and moreover, the entire family and all the friends will love them! If you don’t want your cookies gluten free, then you might choose any other type of flour to substitute the gluten free oats.
The ingredients below are for aprox. 20-24 fairly large pieces.
Ingredients for Homemade Gluten Free Cookies:
- 300 g Muscovado sugar (or other brown sugar)
How to make Homemade Gluten Free Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 160 °C .
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oatmeal flour with baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar and salt until fairly smooth. When using Muscovado sugar, you’ll notice that this mixture won’t be very fluffy and smooth, so no worries if the sugar won’t be incorporated well into the butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after each egg.
- With mixer on low, gradually add the oatmeal mixture from the step 3, beating until well incorporated.
- Chop the chocolate coarsely and fold it into the cookies mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, an ice cream scoop or just a spoon, drop portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave enough space between them as they will spread.
- Finally, bake the cookies into the preheated oven (on the center rack) until they are dark on the edge (approx. 15-20 minutes) and, of course, depending on the oven and how crispy you prefer them. Longer time means crispier, while less time means softer cookies, so adjust the time accordingly to your taste.
- When ready, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer them onto a baking cooling rack.