Simple Mushroom Soup
Simple Mushroom SoupMushroom Soup is one of our favourite cream soups. Easy to make and tasty!
Ingredients for Mushroom Soup:
- 500 g mushroom (I’ve used white buttons, but you are welcome to use whatever kind you prefer)
- 2 thin carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small onion (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful fresh chopped parsley
- 750 ml vegetable or chicken stock (or more if needed, depends on how much you want to cook your vegetables)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche (optional)
How to make Mushroom Soup :
- Clean the mushrooms very well, removing all the traces of dirt.
- Also, if you want, you can peel off the skin just to be sure that no traces or blemishes are left. Try to buy fresh mushroom without dark spots or spores.
- Slice the mushrooms. No need to cut them very thin, so don’t spend to much time with this step.
- Wash and peel off the carrots, then cut them into thin pieces. Same goes for celery stalks.
- If you are using onion, then peel it and chop it finely.
- Wash and chop the parsley and squeeze half of lemon
- If you want to use other veggies, then add them according to how much time they need to cook. Boil all the vegetables together with the stock for no longer than 20 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked, set aside and let them cool before adding them to a blender.
- When cooled off, add everything to a blender (if you have one, if not use a vegetable or potato masher) and blend until the desired consistency. Stir in the crème fraîche and blend for few seconds more. Season with a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper and the juice of half of lemon and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve it with garlic bread or croutons.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion (if using), mushrooms and celery for few minutes. Add the stock and let it simmer for few minutes more. Add the carrots.